Google
 

Sunday, April 25, 2010

 

Roekito steps down

Persiba go into today's game with Persija at Bung Karno Stadium without a familiar face. Technical Director Daniel Roekito quit last week. Persiba currently sit 3rd. If you had told me they would have been serious title challengers for most of the season I would have pissed myself laughing.

As it is the Persija curse strikes the Balikpapan boys again. Last season coach Peter Butler was fired just days before they were due to play the Kemayoran Tigers and now this...forget the ides of March it's Jakarta coaches need to be wary of.

Personally I would like to see Roekito at a bigger club. His teams play a cavalier, attacking football and this season, thanks to inheriting a defence featuring the likes of Mijo Dadic and keeper I Made Wirawan, he has a stronger spine than many of his past teams.

I will never forget the Persik team he led to Liga Indonesia title glory back in 2006 and their efforts in the subsequent Asian Champions League. Sexy football ala Roekito.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?